We’ve just launched ‘Motivating Your People’ – a brand new practical course about team motivation. There’s so much written about motivation in terms of being charismatic and giving pep talks, but in order achieve real, long-term productivity and satisfaction at work, there is so much more that needs to be understood.
Motivation creates a positive and productive work environment in which people want to do well. People have different drivers and it’s your job as the manager to find a way to understand each of them and get everyone working at their optimum level. This course will teach you how to do that, how to make sure that you are getting the best out of your people.
The full ‘Motivating Your People’ course is now available on Skilful.co, and covers:
1) Introduction to motivating your people
- What is motivation?
- The three aspects of motivating a team
- Introduction to motivating your people: Quiz
2) Motivation and the situation
- Theory X and Theory Y
- Practice: Theory X and Theory Y
- Adapting your natural style
- Theory X and Theory Y quiz
3) Motivation and the individual
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Applying Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- Hertzberg’s Hygiene Factors
- Career drivers
- Motivating people with different career drivers
4) Motivating your team
- Motivation is a practical activity
- Listen and involve
- Give feedback
- Reward good performance
- Be consistent and fair
- Create the right environment
- Give them the tools they need
- Practice: Motivating your team
- Motivating your team quiz
5) Next steps
- What do I do now?
Meet your course coach, Tracey Rotsey
Tracey is an accomplished learning and development practitioner, trainer and coach with over 13 years commercial experience, and specialises in the design, development and delivery of leadership and management programmes for both the private and public sector.
Start learning today
This course is available to all Skilful.co subscribers, as well as other courses on management, leadership, and personal development. To join Skilful.co, or find out more, visit https://skilful.co