It’s the time year when we often reflect and start to think about the year ahead. We were talking about what piece of advice we could give that will help people be better managers in 2016. We thought about everything we hear from managers and their teams and boiled it down to the 5 Resolutions in our new video. We think if you regularly do these 5 things you and your team will be better placed for a successful 2016.
- Engage with your team so you and they know what’s happening and how things are going.
- Set clear goals so you all know what’s expected and by when.
- Delegate well. This doesn’t mean dumping on people, it means giving people responsibilities and supporting them to develop and succeed.
- Follow up on the goals you set so people feel supported and tasks aren’t forgotten.
- Give each of your team feedback so they know if they are doing well and where they can improve.
What are your management resolutions or tips for 2016? We’d love to hear!